Continuing the established vape mod name Minikin is the all-new Minikin 3 by asMODus! In similar fashion to its predecessors, the Minikin 3 is powered by 2 x 18650 sized batteries (not included) and uses an ergonomically shaped chassis which was made to be exceptionally comfortable when held in the user's hand. The shape of the Minikin V3 has been flattened slightly when compared to the Minikin 2 which grants the ability to fit comfortably in your bag or pocket and has finger grooves which are machined on the wider side of the device which give the perfect amount of grip to the Minikin III.
On top of the meticulously crafted comfortable exterior lies the all-new GX-200-UTC chipset, the most advanced asMODus board yet. The chip offers a maximum power output of 200.0 watts in variable wattage or curve mode as well as the most accurate temperature control mechanics to date with full support for Ni200 Nickel, Ti Titanium, SS316, SS317, and SS304 with fully adjustable TCR and TFR functionality right out of the box. The Minikin 3 interface presents in a crisp, high definition full-colour touch screen that allows for fluid swipes and taps to control the device. Changing modes is as simple as swiping left and right on the screen once its unlocked and accessing the menu is done by clicking the fire button 5 times. Instead of having a fixed colour display, the Minikin 3 has implemented 6 different colour accents that that user can choose from to match their set up. Selecting a colour theme is done via the colour display option which is accessed from the main menu or can be changed by using the optional, newly developed accelerometer. With an accelerometer the device can detect when the device is accelerating so by shaking the mod 3 times in quick succession it will cycle through the colour themes available in a linear fashion. The features don't stop there as the Minikin 3 has a newly developed "haptic feedback" system has been implemented which is powered by an internal motor which causes short vibration (very similar to the vibration that most smartphones use when you text) whenever the display states low battery, no atomiser, or high resistance as well as any other alerts that are sent to the user.
The Minikin 3 GX-200-UTC chip offers a varied array of improvements when compared to previous Minikin models, and a notable feature is noticed when turning on the Minikin 3. After the spinning asMODus wheel disappears, the user will be prompted to input a password. Having a password locking feature keeps the device from being used by unauthorised users (or to keep anyone out of your settings) as well as children. The password can be adjusted through the password option in the main menu.
Similar to the Minikin3S, the Minikin 3 is compatible with the asMODus Wireless Charging Dock (not included) which allows for a more convenient way of topping off the Minikin V3's battery capacity. This is the perfect option for any users that spend a lot of time at a desk for example or relaxing to charge the device in between use without the need for using a cable or an external battery charger. The Minikin 3 offers a balance charging feature to make this type of charging safe. However, it is still recommended that charging batteries, especially ones that have had significant drainage, be charged with a dedicated, intelligent charger due to the fact they are faster, reliable, offer plenty of charging protections, and are overall a preferred method for charging batteries.
The Minikin 3 is the result of nearly a year and a half long design process with all its attention to detail and planning clearly showing. While the rest of the industry have played with multiple "new features" that release new products every month which have simply faded slowly into the background, asMODus takes time on their devices. This one is sure to stand the test of time as the rest of the Minikin family has done.
- Powered by the advanced GX-200-UTC chipset
- Required 2x 18650 sized batteries (not included)
- Zinc alloy body
- Ergonomic form factor with curves worked into the side of the chassis enhanced comfort
- Output power range (in VW / Power and Curve Modes): 5.0 - 200.0 watts
- Output power range (TC modes): 5.0 - 120.0 watts
- Acceptable atomiser resistance range: 0.1 - 3.0 ohm
- Temperature control range: 212°C - 572°C / 100° - 300°C
- Temperature control offers full support for the following heating elements: Ni200 Nickel, Ti Titanium, SS316, SS317, and SS304
- Fully adjustable TCR and TFR functionality
- Fully programmable "Curve" mode which allows the user to set 5 different times over wattage presets. For example, if you are using an RDA with Clapton wires which typically take a bit of time to ramp up. You can make the program the RDA to for 100.0 watts for .2 seconds and then fire at 80.0 watts for the rest of the duration. This brings a seamless vaping experience for those who know exactly how they would want their atomiser to perform
- High definition, full-colour touch screen
- 6 different preset colour themes which can be swapped by simply shaking the device with the internal accelerometer
- Puff counter so you can quickly monitor your intake
- Haptic feedback enabled which occurs when an error message appears on the screen (optional; can be disabled)
- Custom password enabled upon startup which prevents any unwanted usage
- Supports upgradable firmware
- USB Type-C port for charging and firmware updating
- Onboard protections: Reverse polarity, short circuit, low voltage, high voltage, overcharging, overheating, overtime, and ESD
- Integrated balance charging via included USB Type-C or the Asmodus Wireless Charging Dock (not included)
- The bottom hinged battery door
- Spring-loaded, silver plated 510 pins for enhanced conductivity
- 1x Minikin 3 200W Mod by asMODus
- 1x USB Type-C cable
- 1x Battery warning card
- 1x User manual
About Asmodus :
Asmodus is an American vapour company that manufacturers and distributes high-quality vape equipment through there Los Angeles, California based facility established in 2014.